Thursday 23 July 2009

Bye Bye...

I am completely in communicado as of tomorrow as the venturers finally arrive and I have to actually start managing stuff. I am knackered from relentless training, a little scared, dreading the trek again but really looking forward to meeting my group. We train themn for 3 days in everything we've learnt at TAC (see previous post) and then we're off to the jungle. I thought I would leave you a little set of pics from my project site in Imbak Canyon so you can visualise it better...

Mount Kinabalu on the way to Imbak

Imbak Falls, next door to BBC camp where we're staying

The route into BBC camp

Some more Imbak River

BBC camp kitchen area
BBC camp living area
And the group sleeping area
Last but not least, all the damn food we have to trek in..
Right. I'll love you and leave you... please send messages of encouragement if you can. I'll hold my hnds up and say I'm more away from my comfort zone than I have ever been. You can leave comments oin the Raleigh blog (address on the right) and write if you want to.
See you on the other side.... xxx

1 comment:

Jack said...

I am completely in awe! Take care, love and hugs from us all xxxx