Friday 10 July 2009

I'm here

After leaving the UK on Wednesday night, I finally arrived in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysian Borneo this morning (it's 6:30pm local time). I have so far learnt the true meaning of the word 'humidity', the joys of a 23kg back pack on international travel and the true complexity of KL airport.

Today has been easy as we've been chilling and chatting mainly, but tomorrow we start the real stuff and we trek to jungle training camp on Sunday - full on! Tuesday I find out my project so I can finally let you know what I'm doing!

The HQ where I'm staying looks like a bit of a squat with suitable charity-esque furnitre and camping/trekking equipment littered everywhere. We're sleeping on mattresses on the (very hard) floor which will probably be quite some luxury compared to what's coming up.

It's good to see the familiar faces of the training weekends as well as some newbies as everyone finally seems a bit more relaxed. I am really excited but also pretty petrified as we're really been thrown in at the deep rnd. It's what I signed up for though isn't it?

Anyway, I'll do this again when I have stuff of more interest to say shall I?

Taylor out xx

2 comments:

Chrisps said...

Hi darl,

Trying to find you on the Raleigh website link you put in your email and not manageing to figure it out. Will have a proper look on my lunch break. Just to say thinking about you lots and hope you do get to keep us all updated.

Big hugs and lots of love

Chrisps

Jack said...

Hi lovely!

I too tried to find you on the Raleigh website link and didn't quite get it! I wonder what your project will be!
Thinking of you,
Lots of love
Jack x